Please enter your email address in the form above. A new window or tab will open to confirm your subscription to our newsletter. Your download will begin immediately. Please look in your download folder. You will also receive an email with the direct link to your download. First-time subscribers will also receive an email with a link to complete their subscription. We do not share your email address with third parties.
About this Package
Defiant Requiem offers a different and extraordinary perspective on the Holocaust. Along with chronicling a particular example of Nazi war crimes, the film speaks to the courage of the human spirit in the face of hopeless odds, the power of art to sustain us, and the importance and endurance of community life. The modern re-staging of Verdi"s Requiem, so many decades after the closing of the Terezin camp, is an affirmation of these themes; so is the film that records it.
This interdisciplinary curriculum guide for educators includes 8 lesson plans that cover world history, music history, psychology, political science, visual literacy and English language arts.
- Music and Music History | Verdi and His Requiem
- World History (European History) | The Jewish Community of Prague
- Film Viewing Lesson | The Viewer-Response Journal
- World History (European History) | Terezin
- Psychology | Art and Suffering
- Political Science (Government) | Propaganda
- Visual Literacy | Cinematic Collage
- English Language Arts | Writing a Film Review
Additional themes explored through the guide are:
- The invincibility of the human spirit
- Importance of the arts in human life
- Horrors of the Holocaust
- The power of music