Please enter your email address in the form above. A new window or tab will open to confirm your subscription to our newsletter. Your download will begin immediately. Please look in your download folder. You will also receive an email with the direct link to your download. First-time subscribers will also receive an email with a link to complete their subscription. We do not share your email address with third parties.
About this Package
This interdisciplinary curriculum guide for educators based on the film "Beat the Drum" includes 12 lesson plans that cover math, science, language arts, social studies, media literacy, visual arts and specialty areas. It is available FREE in both print and electronic versions.
- Social Studies | Apartheid and South African History
- Social Studies | Pandemics and Epidemics
- World History | HIV/AIDS in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Media Literacy | Viewing the Film Beat the Drum
- Language Arts | Musa's Heroic Journey
- Cross-Cultural Understanding | Affirmative Action in South Africa
- Cultural Studies | Zulu Cultural Traditions
- Media Literacy/Service Learning | Beat the Drum in Your Community
- Visual Arts | Zulu Basketry: A Tradition of Coiling
- Health | Chronic Illness and Disability in the Classroom